My favorite recipes come out at this time of year.My version of GAPS friendly Baked Apples. Here is one I have adapted through the years. I have made it sugar free and it is divine with your favorite variety of apples that you like to bake. It is a easy and delicious dessert. I vary it with fresh raw cream or homemade vanilla ice cream.
Baked Apples No Sugar and Grain Free
Step one stuffed and pasts of butter and honey drizzled on topped
Step Two Sprinkled with cinnamon and grated nutmeg
Step Three Added a cinnamon stick for more flavor while baking optional!!
Step Four! Ready to eat except for topping!!
|Baked Apples|| || |
- 4 Organic apples
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, hazelnuts and,or pecans
- 1teaspoon cinnamon,
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg,
- ⅛ teaspoon ground and or candied ginger,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Grated coconut
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- ¼ cup ghee or butter divided into 4 pats
- 1- 4 dates cut up in small bits
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup organic apple juice.
- Choose your favorite variety to bake, I have many depending on what is seasonally available.
- Apples peeled and cored, I place apples in baking pan with apple juice in bottom of pan.
- I mix together the spices and nuts. Stuff the core with this mix and add pats of butter or ghee. Lastly drizzle with a Tablespoon of honey per apple. Sprinkle with more cinnamon and grated nutmeg on top. Bake at 325 for 35-45 minutes.
- Serve with Raw Cream whipped with a little honey and topped with freshly grated nutmeg or homemade Vanilla Ice Cream